Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The University of Toronto M.Sc. program in Genetic Counselling is committed to the principles of equity, diversity and inclusion at all levels: our faculty, staff, learners, partners and in the profession of genetic counselling. Our commitment is aligned with the University of Toronto’s commitment to Diversity, Equity and Excellence.
Our initiatives include:
- Faculty-wide workshops to address and integrate diversity, equity and inclusion in didactic work and clinical rotations
- Learner curriculum includes workshops on cultural safety, racism and unconscious bias.
- Our Admissions Committee undergoes regular implicit bias training.
- Faculty and students are involved in outreach to raise awareness of the profession
- Leadership and faculty actively participate in DEI initiatives led by internal as well as external partners