International applicants are strongly encouraged to apply for the Early Bird (November 15) and First Admission (January 15) deadline to account for study permits via processing delays.
The Department runs three rounds of admissions each year, all for a September start date. Students may apply only once per academic year.
Those who wish to be considered for September admission must apply no later than May 1st. We strongly recommend international students apply for the November and January deadlines, so they have enough time to obtain a visa for a September start date if they are offered a spot in the program.
Notes On Our Application Deadlines
The Department of Molecular Genetics offers three different deadlines by which applicants can submit their online applications and supporting documents. Choose the deadline you would like to meet, taking the following into account:
- You can only submit one application per academic year;
- Your application will be reviewed and a decision made within six weeks from the document deadline;
- Your supporting documents must be complete by the document deadline you've chosen. No changes or additions will be permitted
Other things to consider:
- The Department of Molecular Genetics does not have enrollment quotas to fill. If your application is strong, the deadline you choose is entirely up to you. You will have the same high probability of being admitted to our program regardless of the date.
- If your application is strong and you apply to other schools, some of these schools might require you to accept or decline their offer by a specific date, perhaps as early as January. If you are applying to these types of schools, have a robust application and want to keep our Department as an option, it is best to apply by the November 15th deadline to make an informed decision concerning schools with a hard acceptance deadline.
- If you are concerned that your application is weak and need more time to prepare a robust application, try to increase your experience over the fall and winter terms and improve your grades. Then, apply by our May 1st deadline.
Application And Document Submission Deadlines
September Admission Deadlines
The Department of Molecular Genetics offers three rounds of admission to allow students who are interested in our program to find out their eligibility in a timely fashion. All deadlines are for a September start date.
Applications are reviewed in a consistent manner and there is no application-date advantage with regards to acceptance rates.
Note: All applicants who submit a complete application will be contacted when the decision is made. There is no need to contact us for updates.
Online applications and all supporting documents, including references, electronic transcripts, CV and letter of intent, must be submitted by November 15th. Applicants must inform their referees that they must submit their online references by November 15th for the application to be considered for this early deadline. Applicants will receive an admission decision in December.
Online applications and all supporting documents, including references, electronic transcripts, CV and letter of intent, must be submitted by January 15th. Applicants must inform their referees to submit their online references by January 15th for the application to be considered for this early deadline. Applicants will receive an admission decision in March.
May 1st (domestic applicants only)
Online applications and all supporting documents, including references, electronic transcripts, CV and letter of intent, must be submitted by May 1st. Applicants must inform their referees that their online references must be submitted by May 1st in order for the application to be considered for this early deadline. Applicants will receive an admission decision in June.
Please ensure that all supporting documents (references, electronic transcripts, CV and letter of intent) are submitted online by the dates above. It is entirely the applicant's responsibility to monitor the status of their documents on the online application system and follow up with their referees if references are not received in advance of the deadline. We can only consider complete applications for any given deadline. Incomplete applications that become complete after one deadline will be considered for the following deadline until May 1st for admission. Only complete applications will be reviewed for admission.
Accepting Our Offer
Students who receive an offer of admission should confirm their reply to our offer as soon as possible. We request that applicants return their confirmation forms, indicating their intention, by the date indicated on the offer letter. We will consider requests for deferred admission.